Hip-hop emcee, Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def), and calligrapher, Niels Shoe Meulman, pay homage to The Greatest, and sport’s greatest showman, Muhammad Ali, in this video for Louis Vuitton’s Core Values campaign. Drawing on Ali’s most famous quotes, Bey adopts the role of storyteller, bard and (literal) ringmaster to glorify the heavyweight champ. The results, directed by Stuart McIntyre, are beautiful. Both visually and lyrically dazzling.
- This remains good. Very good. Coffee Shop Acoustic Session... Get Low Cover by Dan Henig: youtu.be/E1p0sA8bgGA via @youtube 3 months ago
- Hilary Mantel v Kate: a story of lazy journalism and raging hypocrisy | Hadley Freeman gu.com/p/3dqjb/tw via @guardian 3 months ago
- World Press Photo 2013 prizewinners – in pictures gu.com/p/3dzt4/tw via @guardian 3 months ago
- RT @trevorbmbagency: Just saw a bloke without a beard. Or spectacles. That's the second one this year. 3 months ago
- The Foals: "My Number". Great video. Great song vimeo.com/58447276# 3 months ago
Tags1960s 1970s Advertising Billie Holiday Blues Bob Dylan Boxing Civil Rights Creativity Design Directors Documentaries Education Essays Film Filmmaking Film technique Heavyweight champion Hemingway History Humour Inspiration Interview Jazz Letters LIFE Magazine Live Music Memes Movies Muhammad Ali Music Music Video New York Photography Photojournalism Poetry Quotes Short FIlm Soul Sport The New Yorker The Rolling Stones Video Words Writing